Have you been interested to learn how to block telemarketers? If you’re tired of too many sales calls and other unsolicited calls to your mobile device, there is a way to block them. Telemarketing is legal, but unfortunately the ‘Do Not Call List’ is not working as well as it was promised. While Caller ID and voicemail have helped prevent answering unwanted calls, there are ways to prevent the call from getting through in the first place. Follow the steps below to block a number and reduce the amount of junk calls and disruption.
If you want to block a number on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Select the green ‘Phone’ icon
- Select ‘Recents’ located at the bottom of the screen with the clock icon
- Find the number of the caller that you want to block
- Tap the blue “i” icon on the right-hand side of the screen
- You’ll now see information about that caller. Scroll all the way to the very bottom of the screen and you’ll see ‘Block This Caller’
- Select this and a message will confirm if you to move forward. If so, select ‘Block Contact’ and you’re finished.
If you’re receiving unwanted text messages rather than phone calls, iOS requires that you add the number to your Contacts list before actually blocking them. To create a new contact directly from your Messages app, select the phone number at the top of the screen and select ‘Create New Contact.’ Then follow the directions outlined above. Another tip is to name the contact ‘Z-1’ for the first, ‘Z-2’ for the next, etc., so they only show up at the very bottom of all of your contacts and don’t get mixed in to your other good contacts.
For users of Android Nougat and Marshmallow, follow these steps:
- Go to the Phone application
- Select ‘All Calls’
- Choose ‘Call from Undesired Contact’
- Select ‘Block/Report Spam’
- You will be asked if you want to report the call as spam. If you’d like to report it, select this box.
For users of Android Lollipop (on Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, S6, and Note 4 users) follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app and tap the ‘Call Log’
- Select the phone number that you want to block
- Tap ‘More’
- Add the number to the ‘Auto Reject List’
If you would like to learn more about how Parachute can roll this out for your entire company, and other Mobile Device Management solutions, give us a call today – we always answer the phone! (415) 762-0720